[Python-Dev] Contributing to Python

Christian Heimes lists at cheimes.de
Thu Jan 3 22:06:16 CET 2008

Joseph Armbruster wrote:
> With respects to the bug tracker, when I select Search and Python 2.6, I
> retrieved 208 open bugs.  At a quick glance, I found two that were windows,
> but not tagged appropriately.  If it's worthwhile, I can spend some time
> this evening browsing the list of current 2.6 bugs to see if there are any
> duplicates, collisions, etc.

The bug tracker is an issue and in my opinion a development hindrance,
too. It contains almost 1,400 bugs, about 450 w/o a target version and
about 400 more bugs with a target version <= 2.4.

The bug tracker was discussed two threads "Bug tracker: meaning of
resolution keywords" and "1324 bugs in the tracker" lately. I don't want
to repeat the arguments here but Brett's answer
http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.comp.python.devel/90137 is worth reading.

Christian