[Python-Dev] pkgutil, pkg_resource and Python 3.0 name space packages

Christian Heimes lists at cheimes.de
Wed Jan 9 21:13:35 CET 2008

Paul Moore wrote:
> If you are suggesting that a file intended to be viewed/edited by a
> user manually should go in AppData, then please be explicit. We can
> then argue the concrete issues, rather than just theoretical
> principles.

I'm frustrated as well. Neither AppData nor MyDocuments fulfill our
requirements. I don't argue for AppData, I only argue against
UserProfile as the base directory for a user package directory. I'm open
for any suggestion which doesn't violate MS' style guides.

(I don't want to imply that I like the style guide but we don't make the
rules :( )

Christian