[Python-Dev] PEP: Post import hooks

Christian Heimes lists at cheimes.de
Fri Jan 11 22:10:48 CET 2008

Phillip J. Eby wrote:
> *sigh*.  We seem to be getting further and further off course,
> here.  The more different you make the semantics of the system, the
> harder it will be to verify that it's doing the right thing without
> having real field experience with the new approach.

*sigh*, too. :/

This discussion has neither helping me nor you. Could you please write
an unit test or two to show me exactly what my implementation is doing
wrong and how you think the callbacks should be called. I know a simple
test won't proof the correctness of the implementation but a failing
test would at least show the incorrectness.

I'm still not sure which way is the correct way in your opinion and I
hate guessing what you are trying to explain to me.

Christian

PS: I've a pending patch that queues new registrations while hooks are
processed in PyImport_NotifyModuleLoaded().