[Python-Dev] r59947 - in python/trunk:Lib/test/test_structseq.py Misc/NEWS

Christian Heimes lists at cheimes.de
Mon Jan 14 05:25:44 CET 2008

Raymond Hettinger wrote:
> FWIW, I was looking into something similar but didn't proceed because it would break eval(repr(s)) == s as the constructor signature
> wants all the args in a tuple and won't accept keywords.  Still, I think what you did is a nice improvement.

I agree that eval(repr(s)) == s is nice to have but most complex object
don't support it. In this very case the readability of the repr() is
more important than eval(repr(s)). I'm sure lots of users still think
that os.stat or time.time() return an ordinary tuple.

I've turned your request into an issue: http://bugs.python.org/issue1820
It's a feasible yet challenging task for a new CPython coder.

Christian