[Python-Dev] docs.python.org

A.M. Kuchling amk at amk.ca
Mon Jan 14 14:28:09 CET 2008

On Mon, Jan 14, 2008 at 10:20:05AM +0100, Jeroen Ruigrok van der Werven wrote:
> Will docs.python.org be redirected to www.python.org/doc?
>
> I think I am not the only person on the planet that had been using
> docs.python.org for a long time now to get to the documentation. (And some
> links are now broken @ docs.python.org, so it seems all the more logical to
> make such a redirect. docs.python.org is the 3rd result from Google too by the

I doubt it; instead I think that, once Python 2.6 is released, the new
documentation system that's now at http://docs.python.org/dev/ will
move up to become the top page of docs.python.org, and /dev/ will remain
the trunk version, updated daily.

Various links on the top page of docs.python.org have become outdated,
though; I've gone through the page and updated or removed them.

--amk