[Python-Dev] test module availability on different Python implementations

Giampaolo Rodola' gnewsg at gmail.com
Mon Jan 14 19:00:43 CET 2008

Hi,
Today I received a report from a guy who tried to run the test suite
of a module of mine.
The test suite uses the test module for running tests, for temporary
files support and for doing a bunch of other things.
He tested it on CentOS 5 and looks like python 2.5.1 includes the test
module but python 2.4.3 does not:

[root at dell test]# python2.4 test_ftpd.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "test_ftpd.py", line 37, in ?
    from test import test_support
ImportError: No module named test

Another guy reported the same thing by having tried to run the test
suite against a Windows mobile OS equipped with PythonCE 2.4 where the
test module seems to be not available too.

I was wondering if there was someone aware of this problem.