[Python-Dev] test module availability on different Python implementations

Guido van Rossum guido at python.org
Mon Jan 14 19:46:40 CET 2008

The test *package* is much older than Python 2.4, but many Python
distros exclude it from their default configuration. Perhaps there is
a way to add it back; on many Linux-based systems running apt-get or
yum with the appropriate arguments is all it takes. Sorry, I can't
help you with the appropriate parameters, since every distro does it
differently.

--Guido