[Python-Dev] PEP: per user site-packages directory

Jan Claeys lists at janc.be
Sun Jan 20 17:38:40 CET 2008

Op zaterdag 12-01-2008 om 00:27 uur [tijdzone +0100], schreef Christian
Heimes:
> Specification
> =============
[...]
> user configuration directory
>
>    Usually the parent directory of the user site directory. It's meant
>    for Python version specific data like config files.
>
>    Windows: %APPDATA%/Python/Python26
>    Mac: ~/Library/Python/2.6
>    Unix: ~/.local/lib/python2.6

What do you mean by "configuration directory"?  IMHO configuration files
on linux/unix should go into ~/.python2.6 or ~/.config/python2.6 or
something like that?

(I would never look in a directory named 'lib' for configuration files.)

--
Jan Claeys