[Python-Dev] #! magic (was PEP: per user site-packages directory)

Jeroen Ruigrok van der Werven asmodai at in-nomine.org
Sun Jan 20 18:25:57 CET 2008

-On [20080120 18:12], Oleg Broytmann (phd at phd.pp.ru) wrote:
>   On most Unicies #! magic may have only one parameter after the program;
>the program here is env, the parameter is python, and that's all. Adding
>python options will result in different errors - some platforms silently
>ignores the options, some reports an error, some tries to find "python -E -s"
>in the PATH and report "Bad command or file name".

IEEE Std 1003.1, 2004:

The shell reads its input from a file (see sh), from the -c option or from the
system() and popen() functions defined in the System Interfaces volume of IEEE
Std 1003.1-2001. If the first line of a file of shell commands starts with the
characters "#!", the results are unspecified.

イェルーン ラウフロック ヴァン デル ウェルヴェン
http://www.in-nomine.org/ | http://www.rangaku.org/
I dream of Love as Time runs through my hand...