[Python-Dev] Python-Dev Digest, Vol 54, Issue 57

Jan Claeys lists at janc.be
Sun Jan 20 18:46:31 CET 2008

Op woensdag 16-01-2008 om 02:33 uur [tijdzone +0100], schreef Christian
Heimes:
> Bill Janssen wrote:
> > Good point, but I prefer ~/Library/Python to either of these.
>
> ~/Library/ is a Mac OS X thing. I haven't seen it on other Unix systems.

There is (at least) one linux distro using it, but it's not very
well-known.

> I *could* add yet another environment variable PYTHONUSERHOME to set the
> base path but I prefer not.

A solution might be a way for python distributors to set the default
location , and then provide PYTHONUSERHOME for stubborn users to
override that.  ;)

--
Jan Claeys