[Python-Dev] #! magic

Jeroen Ruigrok van der Werven asmodai at in-nomine.org
Mon Jan 21 09:00:39 CET 2008

-On [20080120 23:36], Oleg Broytmann (phd at phd.pp.ru) wrote:
>PS. My python doesn't understand -s, so I tested a different options, but
>the result is the same. There are Unix variants that understand many
>options (I believe FreeBSD allows them) but most allow no more than one
>parameter in #!.

FreeBSD 6.3-STABLE:

% ./test.py
Unknown option: -
usage: /usr/local/bin/python [option] ... [-c cmd | -m mod | file | -] [arg]
Try `python -h' for more information.

Contracting to -Es works, aside from -s being unknown to my Python.

And also, /usr/bin won't work, FreeBSD uses /usr/local/bin since Python is
installed through ports and is not a system binary.

イェルーン ラウフロック ヴァン デル ウェルヴェン
http://www.in-nomine.org/ | http://www.rangaku.org/
Every revolution was first a thought in one man's mind...