[Python-Dev] 2.5.2 release coming up

Thomas Heller theller at ctypes.org
Thu Jan 24 11:44:01 CET 2008

Neal Norwitz schrieb:
> We need to fix the Windows buildbots.  2 tests are currently failing
> for 2.5.2:  test_mailbox test_winreg

The test_winreg failure is a funny one:

The py3k test_winreg fails because of a bug in the test itself; I fixed
this in rev. 60236.  The failing test leaves a key in the registry that
make the trunk and release25-maint tests also fail.

I have manually removed the offending key in the registry on the x86 XP-3
buildbot; we'll see if it works now.

The real solution, however, would be to change all the test_winreg tests
to remove the test-key completely before and after their test.  But I'll
leave this to someone else.

Thomas