[Python-Dev] trunc()

Guido van Rossum guido at python.org
Tue Jan 29 05:07:21 CET 2008

On Jan 28, 2008 8:00 PM, Steve Holden <steve at holdenweb.com> wrote:
> I wish this thread could be truncated. It's got me going round and
> round. I'm completely floored, and will doubtless end up barking mad -
> you know, like a ceil.

Me too. All the arguments have been repeated over and over. It really
isn't worth more energy at this point; I see a use for trunc()
separate from int() and I really don't care if Raymond doesn't see it.
Let's move trunc() to the math module and be done with it, leaving
round() a built-in with both the one- and two-argument versions
intact.

PS. There's something wrong with Raymond's mailer that creates a
thread in gmail whenever he responds. I suspect it's not correctly
adding an In-reply-to header. That makes the thread feel much more
disconnected than most, because often the quoted text is in a
different thread.