[Python-Dev] 2.5.2 release coming up

Mike Klaas mike.klaas at gmail.com
Wed Jan 30 01:08:30 CET 2008

On 22-Jan-08, at 8:47 PM, Guido van Rossum wrote:

> While the exact release schedule for 2.5.2 is still up in the air, I
> expect that it will be within a few weeks. This means that we need to
> make sure that anything that should go into 2.5.2 goes in ASAP,
> preferably this week. It also means that we should be very careful
> what goes in though -- and we should be paying particular attention to
> stability on all platforms! Fortunately it looks like quite a few 2.5
> buildbots are green: http://python.org/dev/buildbot/2.5/
>
> I propose that anything that ought to go into 2.5.2 (or should be
> reviewed for suitability to go into it) should be marked "urgent" in
> the tracker, *and* have its version set to (or include) "Python 2.5".

I'm not sure if it is particularly urgent because of the rarity of
occurrence, but I discovered a bug that causes httplib to hang
indefinitely given some rarely-occurring input in the wild.  To
reproduce:

python -c 'import urllib2; urllib2.urlopen("http://
www.hunteros.com").read()'

WARNING: the page was tagged by one of our users and is definitely NSFW.

Again, it seems to occur very rarely, but the behaviour is quite
painful and the fix trivial (see http://bugs.python.org/issue1966).

Thanks,
-Mike