[Python-Dev] Assigning issues

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Thu Jan 31 06:08:46 CET 2008

> We have not worked out any policy on this, but I always assumed we
> would only assign issues to people with commit privileges. I quick
> check suggests that you don't have them, Jesus. We can give you the
> rights to modify issues and set the assignment, but I don't know if
> you should be able to be assigned a bug yet.
>
> What do other people think?

That has exactly been the policy that I have been executing, yes.

As for giving additional rights on a per-user basis - that's tricky
to implement. We have the User and Developer roles in the tracker,
and you get additional rights only with additional roles, normally.

I also agree with Nick as to what the purpose of assignments is.
To indicate that you are working on a specific issue, a message
saying so is enough (which could also include estimated completion
dates, which a mere self-assignment can't).

Regards,
Martin