[Python-Dev] [Python-checkins] r64424 - inpython/trunk:Include/object.h Lib/test/test_sys.pyMisc/NEWSObjects/intobject.c Objects/longobject.cObjects/typeobject.cPython/bltinmodule.c

Mark Dickinson dickinsm at gmail.com
Fri Jul 4 11:39:55 CEST 2008

On Sun, Jun 29, 2008 at 3:12 AM, Alex Martelli <aleaxit at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Jun 28, 2008 at 4:46 PM, Raymond Hettinger <python at rcn.com> wrote:
>> Is everyone agreed on a tohex/fromhex pair using the C99 notation as
>> recommended in 754R?
>
> Dunno about everyone, but I'm +1 on that.
>

>> Are you thinking of math module functions or as a method and classmethod on
>> floats?
>
> I'd prefer math modules functions.

I'm halfway through implementing this as a pair of float methods.  Are there
compelling reasons to prefer math module functions over float methods, or
vice versa?

Personally, I'm leaning slightly towards float methods:  for me, these
conversions are important enough to belong in the core language.  But I
don't have strong feelings either way.

Mark