[Python-Dev] [Python-checkins] buildbot failure in sparc Debian 3.0

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Tue Jul 8 21:15:08 CEST 2008

Jeremy Hylton wrote:
> Does anyone have a clue about why this test fails only on this
> platform?  The test is question is verifying that URLError gets
> raised.  From the traceback, it appears that there is an uncaught
> exception (URLError) but it fails in an assertRaises() check for
> URLError.  That doesn't make much sense unless the variable URLError
> refers to different objects, but both modules use "from urllib.error
> import URLError".  And, of course, the test works fine on other
> platforms.

It might be a transient error, and a complete cleanup of the tree
might fix it. To do so, build a non-existent branch through the web ui,
then build the original branch again; this will cause a fresh checkout.

If the error then persists, my guess it's some kind of compiler issue,
which can be investigated only with access to the machine.