[Python-Dev] A proposed solution for Issue 502236: Asyncrhonousexceptions between threads

Andy Scott kirkshorts at hotmail.co.uk
Sun Jul 13 17:28:16 CEST 2008

Thanks Guys

So it seems as if I've made some pretty basic newbie mistakes then :-$

 1. Posting to the wrong list
 2. Posting about something that already has a work around

oh well never mind - better luck next time ;-)

Only one thing comes to my mind about the comments made saying that this is no longer an issue:

 All of the solutions presented rely on the use of a third party library to control the threading. It appears as if there have been no basic changes to the thread package that ships with Python to resolve this. While it is possible to set and read global variables &c to do something close - it doesn't strike me as a nice solution as Python offers in so many other places.

However, I am willing to concede that as the issue has been dormant (or appears to be) now for ~2years that it can not be a particularly burning issue. So I'll go back and trawl the open issues for something else to help my favourite language get better :-)

Andy
-----
Brain chemistry is not just for Christmas

[snipped the replies to cut down on re-quote spam - cos I kind of hate that]
<snip>