[Python-Dev] PEP: Frequently-requested additional features for the `unittest` module

Ben Finney ben+python at benfinney.id.au
Wed Jul 16 15:26:12 CEST 2008

Michael Foord <fuzzyman at voidspace.org.uk> writes:

> I'm inclined to agree. It was part of a set of additions suggested
> by Guido. From here I think (as part of the unittest extensions that
> google maintains):
>
> http://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-dev/2008-April/078702.html
>
> I've used tests like that when implementing numeric objects, which
> has been several times - but only a tiny proportion of the tests
> I've written.
>
> I wouldn't be sorry not to include them.

Okay. I'll revise the PEP to remove all these lt, gt, le, ge
comparison tests, and note that they are supported entirely by
``assert_compare_true`` and ``assert_compare_false`` with a specific
comparison operator.

--
 \     “Many are stubborn in pursuit of the path they have chosen, few |
  `\                     in pursuit of the goal.” —Friedrich Nietzsche |