[Python-Dev] [Python-3000] No beta2 tonight

Bill Janssen janssen at parc.com
Thu Jul 17 19:41:32 CEST 2008

> > test_ssl ... constantly failing on both the trunk and py3k.
>
> I'll take a closer look at this.  It's the new test added in lately.
> Seems to be working on non-Windows platforms, so I'm guessing it's
> some Windows oddity, which I'm not very good at diagnosing.  Worst
> comes to worst, we can take out that test.

It looks like the handshake code in _ssl.c is returning this Windows
error (I'm looking at the trunk):

ERROR: testWrongCert (test.test_ssl.ThreadedTests)
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "E:\cygwin\home\db3l\buildarea\trunk.bolen-windows\build\lib\test\test_ssl.py", line 807, in testWrongCert
    "wrongcert.pem"))
  File "E:\cygwin\home\db3l\buildarea\trunk.bolen-windows\build\lib\test\test_ssl.py", line 597, in badCertTest
    s.connect((HOST, server.port))
  File "E:\cygwin\home\db3l\buildarea\trunk.bolen-windows\build\lib\ssl.py", line 272, in connect
    self.do_handshake()
  File "E:\cygwin\home\db3l\buildarea\trunk.bolen-windows\build\lib\ssl.py", line 256, in do_handshake
    self._sslobj.do_handshake()
error: [Errno 10054] An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host

Error 10054 is WSAECONNRESET, according to Google.

Arguably, it's an error in this scrap of _ssl.c:

	} else if (ret == -1) {
	  /* underlying BIO reported an I/O error */
          return obj->Socket->errorhandler();
        }

I should be checking for EOF error returns like this one from Socket,
and returning an PY_SSL_ERROR_EOF exception.  Is there a list somewhere
of what EOF errors are signalled by Socket?

Bill