[Python-Dev] git repositories for trunk and py3k

Brett Cannon brett at python.org
Fri Jul 18 07:52:06 CEST 2008

On Tue, Jul 15, 2008 at 2:31 PM, Neil Schemenauer <nas at arctrix.com> wrote:
> Benjamin Peterson <musiccomposition at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Can we push branches?
>
> The git-daemon is setup as read-only.  If you have write access to
> the SVN repository then you can push back changes using git-svn.
> That's quite a nice way to work, IMHO and provides an easy path for
> people who are used to Subversion and want to dip their toe in the
> dvcs waters.
>
> While there is no support on code.python.org for publishing your own
> git branches, there's no reason why you couldn't publish a branch
> using some other host (it's a dvcs after all).  In the short term,
> perhaps using private branches in combination with "git
> format-patch" and email is the easiest process.

So I have a change that I have in git. I would like to just push it to
svn through git. I ran ``git svn dcommit``, but then a ton of stuff
came streaming by on my terminal. Is that normal?

Also, how does one refer to revisions for things like ``git diff``? Is
it really the commit commit number (which I think is something like a
SHA-1)?

-Brett