[Python-Dev] Modules for 2.6 inclusion

Georg Brandl g.brandl at gmx.net
Fri Jun 6 13:27:29 CEST 2008

Hi,

PEP 361 lists the following modules for possible inclusion in 2.6 (next
to pyprocessing, which is now accepted):

- winerror
   http://python.org/sf/1505257
   (Owner: MAL)

This patch has been marked as rejected, so I'll remove the entry from
the PEP.

- setuptools
   BDFL pronouncement for inclusion in 2.5:
   http://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-dev/2006-April/063964.html

   PJE's withdrawal from 2.5 for inclusion in 2.6:
   http://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-dev/2006-April/064145.html

I guess this will be deferred?

- ast
   http://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-dev/2008-April/078950.html

If there's no objection, I'll go over the interface with Thomas, who's
working on AST optimization for 2.7, to make sure the ast interface can
stay the same after his branch is merged, write the docs and commit it
before beta1.

- bdist_deb in distutils package
   http://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-dev/2006-February/060926.html

- bdist_egg in distutils package

- pure python pgen module
   (Owner: Guido)
   Deferral to 2.6:
   http://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-dev/2006-April/064528.html

There are also several other "possible" todo items in PEP 361, but they
all look as if they are not required to be in before beta1.

Georg