[Python-Dev] [Python-3000] Betas today - I hope

Barry Warsaw barry at python.org
Wed Jun 11 19:37:01 CEST 2008

Hash: SHA1

On Jun 11, 2008, at 1:02 PM, Guido van Rossum wrote:

> On Wed, Jun 11, 2008 at 4:35 AM, Barry Warsaw <barry at python.org>  
> wrote:
>> So I had planned to do a bunch of work last night looking at the  
>> release
>> blocker issues, but nature intervened.  A bunch of severe  
>> thunderstorms
>> knock out my 'net access until this morning.
>> I'll try to find some time during the day to look at the RB issues.
>> Hopefully we can get Guido to look at them too and Pronounce on  
>> some of
>> them.  Guido please start with:
>> http://bugs.python.org/issue643841
> I've added a comment. Let me know if anything I said is unclear.

Nope, it was perfect, thanks.

>> My plan is to begin building the betas tonight, at around 9 or 10pm  
>> EDT
>> (0100 to 0200 UTC Thursday).  If a showstopper comes up before  
>> then, I'll
>> email the list.  If you think we really aren't ready for beta, then  
>> I would
>> still like to get a release out today.  In that case, we'll call it  
>> alpha
>> and delay the betas.
> I'd rather call it beta even if certain things are still known to
> change in the next release. Beta means we'll have a much easier time
> pushing back on random other feature change proposals.

Sounds good.  I'm going to go through the other release critical  
issues and will follow up on this thread if there are any other  

- -Barry

Version: GnuPG v1.4.9 (Darwin)


More information about the Python-Dev mailing list