[Python-Dev] [Python-3000] Betas today - I hope

Alexandre Vassalotti alexandre at peadrop.com
Wed Jun 11 22:54:48 CEST 2008

On Wed, Jun 11, 2008 at 7:35 AM, Barry Warsaw <barry at python.org> wrote:
> My plan is to begin building the betas tonight, at around 9 or 10pm EDT
> (0100 to 0200 UTC Thursday).  If a showstopper comes up before then, I'll
> email the list.  If you think we really aren't ready for beta, then I would
> still like to get a release out today.  In that case, we'll call it alpha
> and delay the betas.

I have two release blockers pending review:

  http://bugs.python.org/issue2918
  http://bugs.python.org/issue2917

I believe both patches are ready to be committed to the py3k branch.
However, I would certainly like that someone would review the patches
(or at least test them).

Right now, I am currently looking at fixing issue 2919
(http://bugs.python.org/issue2919). The profile and the cProfile
module differ much more than I originally expected.  So, I won't be
able to get these two for the beta.

I have also been looking at http://bugs.python.org/issue2874, in which
Benjamin Peterson proposed an simple solution to fix it. Although I
haven't tried his approach, I think I could get this one done for
today.

Finally, I would like to commit the patch in
http://bugs.python.org/issue2523 which fix the quadratic behavior in
BufferedReader.read(). It would also be nice to have someone else
experienced with the io module to review the patch.

Cheers,
-- Alexandre