[Python-Dev] Python Windows Installers

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Tue Jun 24 20:21:46 CEST 2008

> I'm just doing some housekeeping on a Windows install, and notice that
> the 'Publisher' of my Python 2.4 and 2.5 installs is shown as "Martin v.
> Lowis". Whilst I *personally* find this very reassuring I wonder if this
> is intended / ideal?

I certainly intended it: the field really is called the "author" file in
MSI, and is (was) intended to indicate the "manufacturer" of the MSI,

That Vista calls it "publisher" is somewhat ambiguous.

In any case, bug #1737210 complained about it, and I changed it to
"Python Software Foundation". I can't retroactively change it for the
releases you are looking at.