[Python-Dev] [Python-checkins] r64424 - in python/trunk:Include/object.h Lib/test/test_sys.py Misc/NEWSObjects/intobject.c Objects/longobject.c Objects/typeobject.cPython/bltinmodule.c
python at rcn.com
Thu Jun 26 13:24:43 CEST 2008
From: "Guido van Rossum" <guido at python.org>
> I don't care about the details of the patch until we have agreement
> about which form the feature should take. We don't have that agreement
Updated to the patch to address everyone's review comments:
* Alexander Belopolsky requested exponential notation instead of potentially very long strings of bits. Done
* Alexander Belopolsky requested true mathematical radix 2 representation of a float rather than its 64-bit memory layout. Done
* Antoine Pitrou requested that hex() and oct() be supported as well as bin(). Terry J. Reedy also requested support for hex().
* Alexander Belopolsky and Alexandre Vassalotti requested that the output be a two-way street -- something that can be round-tripped
through eval(). Done.
* Amaury Forgeot d'Arc requested that the implementation not manipulate C strings inplace. Fixed -- used PyUnicode_FromFormat()
* Amaury Forgeot d'Arc requested that tests should check if negative numbers have the same representation as their absolute value.
* Mark Dickinson requested sign preserving output for bin(-0.0). We couldn't find a clean way to do this without a special cased
* Mark Dickinson reviewed the NaN/Inf handling. Done.
* Eric Smith requested that the routine be attached to _PyFloat_to_base() instead of attaching to __bin__, __oct__, and __hex__.
* Guido requested that the docs be updated. Done.
* Guido requested that the globally visible C API function name be prefixed with _Py. Done.
* Mark Dickinson requested normalizing output to start with a 1 so that nearby values have similar reprs. Done.
More information about the Python-Dev