[Python-Dev] 3.0 buildbots all red

Trent Nelson tnelson at onresolve.com
Mon Mar 17 07:14:05 CET 2008

As it turns out, it's not memory related, but has to do with tokenize not supporting coding cookies in files.  Mark picked up on this and linked it to an issue already in roundup that was raised way back in 2003: http://bugs.python.org/issue71988.

I've just finished patching test_tokenizer.py to better represent this test case -- the current implementation doesn't lend itself very well to being debugged when things go wrong (I think Mark and I both felt like we were on a bit of a wild goose chase).  I've fixed that and have a bunch of text files with various utf-8/bom sig permutations that are now used to test tokenizer's compliance with PEP 0263.  I'll upload that now then move on to actually patching tokenizer.py.

    Trent "wishes-there-was-somewhere-to-get-some-food-after-11pm-at-pycon" Nelson.