[Python-Dev] Change in priority fields

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at gmail.com
Tue Mar 18 10:47:59 CET 2008

Guido van Rossum wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 17, 2008 at 11:49 PM, Barry Warsaw <barry at python.org> wrote:
>>  We should not release the finals until there are no release blockers
>>  or criticals.  Either the critical gets moved to high and ignored, or
>>  it gets moved to release blocker and gets fixed.
>
> Hm... This feels a bit like inflation of priorities to me; there would
> be lots of critical bugs and quite a few release blockers... The
> highest priority just pertains to the upcoming release which could be
> weeks in the future. I'd be more comfortable if there were 1-2
> priorities above that, e.g. one higher for stuff that makes a buildbot
> go red (i.e. breaks a test) and two higher for stuff that affects most
> developers (e.g. stuff checked in that doesn't even build).

It would be good if someone at the sprints could take the PEP 3 redraft
I posted a few weeks back, update it with whatever you all come up with
in relation to tracker management and check it in.

(Attaching that draft here so people don't have to go trawling through
email archives for it)

Cheers,
Nick.