[Python-Dev] Change in priority fields

Neal Norwitz nnorwitz at gmail.com
Tue Mar 18 19:11:34 CET 2008

On Tue, Mar 18, 2008 at 10:51 AM, Guido van Rossum <guido at python.org> wrote:
>  The key goal here (well, mine in any case :-)
>  is to manage developers, not to get releases out at all cost. Even
>  though the release schedule is set in stone, I think we should send
>  out a variety of reminders ahead of each scheduled release, and these
>  reminders must come from a human, not from a bot.
>  Maybe the reminder mail
>  could include an exhortation to create new showstopper issues for
>  anything that a developer feels should really be addressed before the
>  release, even if it's not thought of a bug. The release reminder
>  emails act as a kind of wake-up call to many developers.

I think I did this for 2.5 and plan to do improve communications for
2.6.  I'll need to work the details out with Barry, but it is my
intention to communicate as much as possible.

The next release (in two weeks) will probably be a little haphazard as
I try to get up to date after pycon.  I'll try to get more organized
so all subsequent releases go smoothly.  Suggestions to python-dev on
how to improve the process are always encouraged.