[Python-Dev] trunk buildbot status

Eric Smith eric+python-dev at trueblade.com
Thu Mar 20 01:49:41 CET 2008

Trent Nelson wrote:
> Quick update on the status of the trunk buildbots:
>
> [x86 XP trunk (Joseph Armbruster)]
> This box didn't survive the recent build changes, but I can't figure out why, none of the other Windows boxes encounter this error:
> The following error has occurred during XML parsing:
> File: C:\python\buildarea\trunk.armbruster-windows\build\PCbuild\_bsddb.vcproj
> Line: 179
> Column: 1
> Error Message:
> Illegal qualified name character.
> The file 'C:\python\buildarea\trunk.armbruster-windows\build\PCbuild\_bsddb.vcproj' has failed to load.
>
> Can someone check a clean trunk build on a Windows system that *only* has Visual C++ Express 2008?  The latest build system updates don't rely on any features of Visual Studio Professional, but the tools use a lot of common files, and perhaps a Service Pack needs to be applied or something.

I just built the trunk on a Windows XP x86 box that only has Visual C++
Express 2008 installed.  I got a bunch of errors with sqlite, tcl,
db-4.4.20, and ssl, but the interpreter built and appears to run ok.

But since I don't have bsddb installed, I don't think I'm executing the
portion of the build process that you find failing.

I don't have time to install bsddb tonight, but I can do that in about
24 hours if you still need me to.

Eric.