[Python-Dev] How we can get rid of eggs for 2.6 and beyond

Paul Moore p.f.moore at gmail.com
Fri Mar 21 20:44:55 CET 2008

On 21/03/2008, Phillip J. Eby <pje at telecommunity.com> wrote:

>  Questions, comments...  volunteers?   :)

Sounds good. I won't volunteer as I have neither time nor expertise to
contribute much. But I'd like to see this happen, as it sounds like it
would address all my issues with setuptools (and just to reiterate,
I'm happy if it is implemented *in place of* add/remove programs - I
have no vested interest in that facility as such).

For uninstall support, you might look at how bdist_wininst installers
handle it. In my experience the uninstall is robust, clean, and
reliable, and the supporting metadata is pretty simple (just a text
file).

Paul.