[Python-Dev] Python source code on Mercurial

Brett Cannon brett at python.org
Sat Mar 22 00:15:12 CET 2008

On Fri, Mar 21, 2008 at 2:38 PM, Paul Moore <p.f.moore at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 21/03/2008, Antoine Pitrou <solipsis at pitrou.net> wrote:
>  >  I see your trunk history is stripped. For those who want the complete trunk
>  >  history (back to 17 years ago!), I have my own mirror here:
>  >   http://dev.pitrou.net:8000/cpython/trunk/
>
>  Excellent! For what it's worth, hg clone took 5 minutes on my PC (with
>  broadband access). That's faster than simply downloading the Bazaar
>  shared repository tarball (which took 13 minutes)!
>
>  Are you keeping the mirror updated with respect to Subversion?
>
>  I don't want to start a comparison at this point, but as neither
>  system offers downloading of truncated history at the moment,

Bazaar supports lightweight checkouts which act like svn checkouts.
They are also actively working on allowing for partial checkouts. That
way you can either specify an initial revision to pull the history
down to or start with an initial lightweight checkout and have it save
history as it pulls it over the network as you use it.

-Brett