[Python-Dev] Making sys.py3k_warning writable

Steven Bethard steven.bethard at gmail.com
Sun Mar 23 21:26:23 CET 2008

On Sat, Mar 22, 2008 at 2:58 PM, "Martin v. Löwis" <martin at v.loewis.de> wrote:
> Steven Bethard wrote:
>  > Right now, test_py3kwarn only runs if the test suite is run using the
>  > -3 command line flag to Python. So for most regrtest runs (e.g. the
>  > buildbots) this test will never be run.
>
>  For the buildbots, it would be easy to turn -3 on, though.

Right now, running the test suite with -3 spews a load of warnings
since there is a lot of code that hasn't been updated for even simple
things like ``dict.has_key``.

Would turning the -3 flag on make it too hard to diagnose problems?
If people don't think so, I'm happy to have it turned on.  I did find
a minor bug in the test suite when I turned it on and ran the full
regrtest.

On Sat, Mar 22, 2008 at 3:29 PM, Benjamin Peterson