[Python-Dev] Problems with the new super()

Greg Ewing greg.ewing at canterbury.ac.nz
Fri May 2 03:59:26 CEST 2008

Facundo Batista wrote:

> Has super() proved more useful than harmful? Which is the value for
> Py3 to keep it?

Personally I've found exactly zero use cases for super()
so far in my own code. A couple of times I thought I'd
found one, but it turned out not to do quite what I
wanted, and I ended up finding better solutions.

So if it were up to me, I wouldn't be putting any effort
into making it easier to use.

I'm actually worried that making it too easy to use
could lead people into using it when it's not appropriate.

--
Greg