[Python-Dev] Reminder: last alphas next Wednesday 07-May-2008

Jeroen Ruigrok van der Werven asmodai at in-nomine.org
Fri May 2 11:20:08 CEST 2008

-On [20080502 10:50], Steve Holden (steve at holdenweb.com) wrote:
>Groan. Then everyone else realizes what a "great idea" this is, and we see
>~/Perl/, ~/Ruby/, ~/C# (that'll screw the Microsoft users, a directory with
>a comment market in its name), ~/Lisp/ and the rest? I don't think people
>would thank us for that in the long term.

I'm +1 on just using $HOME/.local, but otherwise $HOME/.python makes sense
too. $HOME/.python.d doesn't do it for me, too clunky (and hardly used if I
look at my .files in $HOME).

But I agree with Steve that it should be a hidden directory.

イェルーン ラウフロック ヴァン デル ウェルヴェン
Cum angelis et pueris, fideles inveniamur. Quis est iste Rex gloriae..?