[Python-Dev] [Python-3000] Invitation to try out open source code review tool

Guido van Rossum guido at python.org
Fri May 2 23:25:52 CEST 2008

On Fri, May 2, 2008 at 2:09 PM, Benjamin Peterson
<musiccomposition at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, May 1, 2008 at 11:41 AM, Guido van Rossum <guido at python.org> wrote:
>  > Some of you may have seen a video recorded in November 2006 where I
>  >  showed off Mondrian, a code review tool that I was developing for
>  >  Google (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMql3Di4Kgc). I've always hoped
>  >  that I could release Mondrian as open source, but it was not to be:
>  >  due to its popularity inside Google, it became more and more tied to
>  >  proprietary Google infrastructure like Bigtable, and it remained
>  >  limited to Perforce, the commercial revision control system most used
>  >  at Google.
>
>  I was salivating over that video, so I'm really excited be able to try
>  out something like it now.
>

>  >  Don't hesitate to drop me a note with feedback -- note though that
>  >  there are a few known issues listed at the end of the Help page. The
>  >  Help page is really a wiki, so feel free to improve it!
>
>  My request at the moment is to let people use their real names for
>  display; my email address does not at all resemble my name.

I've noticed. Surely there's an interesting story there. :-)

The feature request is on my TODO list. The design is a bit involved,
since I'd have to ask people to register and maintain a userid ->
nickname mapping; the Google Account API we're piggybacking on only
gives you the email address. Once it's open sourced (Monday?) I'd love
to see contributions like this!