[Python-Dev] Invitation to try out open source code review tool

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Tue May 6 22:22:47 CEST 2008

"Guido van Rossum" <guido at python.org> wrote in message
news:ca471dc20805061050w55836effn4fefcca8a0a635ea at mail.gmail.com...
| On Tue, May 6, 2008 at 10:41 AM, Alexander Michael <lxander.m at gmail.com>
wrote:
| >  Was it also a coincidence that Mondrian and Rietveld were both members
| >  of the De Stijl movement? If so, a very nice one!
|
| No, that's my naming scheme. :-)

Neat.  I think I see a few echoes of De Stijl esthetic in Python.

"Proponents of De Stijl sought to express a new utopian ideal of spiritual
harmony and order. They advocated pure abstraction and universality by a
reduction to the essentials of form and colour" from
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/De_stijl

The group was one of the best things to come out of the Great Stupid War.

I wonder who is next.  Van Doesburg, the group's BDFL?
(I know... wait ;-)

tjr