[Python-Dev] A Python-Dev bundle for TextMate

Brett Cannon brett at python.org
Wed May 7 01:54:28 CEST 2008

I just checked in Misc/TextMate/Python-Dev.tmbundle for those of you
use TextMate. I have been using this bundle for a while and I figured
others could use it.

Usage tends to expect that you have opened a project from the
top-level directory of a Python checkout. There is support to run the
Makefile, build the docs, open the documentation index file (which can
be set to an environment variable when you are not in a checkout),
open an issue in the browser, and open a PEP in a browser.

There is even a command to generate the boilerplate for marking a file
to be removed in 3.0, complete with automatic fill-in of the module
name in the message string and set up to be triggered as a tab
trigger.

I am hoping to continue to tweak the bundle as time goes on (and
permits) with more stuff that is useful. This is not meant to replace
the Python bundle, though! This is merely to add stuff specific to
hack on Python itself.

-Brett