[Python-Dev] Buildbots have trouble checking out the repository due to recent changes.

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Mon May 12 14:26:19 CEST 2008

> Revision 63129 is not valid on case folding filesystems. In
> particular, this horribly breaks using hg-svn to make a local mirror
> of the Python repository:

That would be a bug in hg-svn, right? Yes, the revision is not valid
on case-folding systems - but why should that break hg-svn? The tool
should be able to represent such stuff in its repository (whatever
concept of repository hg may have); it should then only fail if you also
want to check out that specific revision.

There is no way to remove this revision from the repository now
(other than a full dump|filter|load cycle, which I would rather want to
avoid).

> I know it's a rare situation, but can people PLEASE be careful not to
> introduce case issues like this - they pollute history for ever (I
> still hit problems with some of the case funkiness in svn from the
> early 1990's!!!)

Subversion's first release was in October 2000; it wasn't self-hosting
until 2001 :-)

Regards,
Martin