[Python-Dev] Buildbots have trouble checking out the repository due to recent changes.

Paul Moore p.f.moore at gmail.com
Mon May 12 16:11:58 CEST 2008

2008/5/12 Alexandre Vassalotti <alexandre at peadrop.com>:
>  Which version of mercurial are you using? I know that versions prior
>  1.0 had some bug with handling case-changes on case-insensitive
>  filesystems.

1.0. There are still case folding bugs in 1.0 - I'm working on fixing
them. But there will never be a complete fix for this situation, as
it's simply not possible to checkout the exact svn layout of that
revision on a case-folding system, it simply can't be supported
(without name mangling of files in the working directory).

As I said, it's no big deal, just something people working on
case-sensitive systems need to watch out for when interoperation with
case-insensitive systems is important.

Paul.