[Python-Dev] Committing bsddb 4.6.4, and where can I put testsuite temp files?

Gregory P. Smith greg at krypto.org
Wed May 14 06:33:47 CEST 2008

btw, I fixed the Lib/test/test_bsddb3.py file for the updated
Lib/bsddb/test/ modules.  Thats how the test suite gets run by the
buildbots (run the test suite from a python trunk sandbox using
"./python Lib/test/regrtest.py -v -u bsddb test_bsddb test_bsddb3" to
reproduce exactly how it is run yourself).

I'm seeing what appears to be a memory corruption error when using a
debug build of trunk (configure --with-pydebug).  It causes a crash
while deallocating the argument tuple passed to DBEnv.lock_get on the
second call in bsddb.test.test_lock's test03_lock_timeout() test.
Platform tested on: OS X 10.4, gcc 4.0.1 x86.  BerkeleyDB 4.5.

I haven't tested on other platforms but I expect other buildbots will
also have issues now that the test suite isn't being skipped.

-gps