[Python-Dev] Possible problem that may be caused by Tkinter renaming

Guilherme Polo ggpolo at gmail.com
Sat May 17 18:02:53 CEST 2008

Hello,

I smell a problem caused by this line at tkinter/__init__.py:

tkinter = _tkinter # b/w compat for export

This was fine when tkinter was a Tkinter module, but I believe it
would be better to rename this to something else.
Given that python has a lot of users, I'm sure you will be able to
find all sort of crazy things over the internet and one of them could
be:

import tkinter
from tkinter import *

something = tkinter._default_root

Which is not that crazy at all, for some values of crazy, but will fail now.

Regards,

--
-- Guilherme H. Polo Goncalves