[Python-Dev] Module renaming and pickle mechanisms

Gregory P. Smith greg at krypto.org
Sat May 17 21:51:29 CEST 2008

On Sat, May 17, 2008 at 7:59 AM, Alexandre Vassalotti
<alexandre at peadrop.com> wrote:

> Another solution would be to write a 2to3 pickle converter using the
> pickletools module. It is surely not the most elegant or robust
> solution, but I could work.

This could be done even for 2.x <--> 2.6 to be translate module names
at unpickling and pickling time.  IMHO thats preferable to leaving
stub modules with the old names around.  Anyways I'm not a heavy user
of pickle so people who are should decide.