[Python-Dev] Symbolic errno values in error messages

Yannick Gingras ygingras at ygingras.net
Mon May 19 15:04:25 CEST 2008

"Alexandre Vassalotti" <alexandre at peadrop.com> writes:

>>> So now I am not sure what OP is proposing.  Do you want to replace 21
>>> with EISDIR in the above?
>>
>> Yes, that's what I had in mind.
>>

> Then, check out EnvironmentError_str in Objects/exceptions.c. You
> should be able import the errno module and fetch its errorcode
> dictionary.

It wasn't as hard as I expected.  It's the first time that I play with
the Python C API; I didn't expect the API to be that high level.

I attached a patch to convert errno to its symbolic value when an
EnvironmentError is printed.  Should attach it to a ticket on
bugs.python.org?

I'm sure there is a style guide like PEP-8 for C code, feel free to
point me to it because my patch is probably not fully style compliant.

With Emacs, doing

 M-x c-set-style python

doesn't seems to do the right thing.  Are you all using a bunch of
shared settings in you .emacs files?

--
Yannick Gingras