[Python-Dev] Python & ctypes on Solaris (was: Addition of "pyprocessing" module to standard lib)

Bill Janssen janssen at parc.com
Wed May 21 21:54:41 CEST 2008

> So maybe Python just doesn't run on Solaris with the Sun C compiler.
> Certainly doesn't build out of the box.

Hmmm, when I look at http://www.sun.com/software/solaris/freeware/, I
see that Python is listed as "included with Solaris 10" as
"Sun-supported software".  But the version installed on my Solaris 11
system is 2.4.4.  Still, this gives me hope that Sun is looking at
Python 2.5, including ctypes, and will eventually make it work.

Bill