[Python-Dev] Trying to understand svn history (was: Buildbots have trouble checking out the repository due to recent changes.)

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Thu May 22 23:17:50 CEST 2008

>>From what I can see of the changes, you simply added a
> Lib/lib-old/Queue.py in that revision - Lib/queue.py was already
> there. But your description "Moved..." implies you did something
> slightly different (and the text of your original message on this
> thread suggests that you might have done a svn copy Lib/queue.py
> Lib/lib-old/Queue.py followed by an edit).

In this case, adding -v helps:

Changed paths:
   D /python/trunk/Lib/Queue.py
   A /python/trunk/Lib/lib-old/Queue.py (from
/python/trunk/Lib/Queue.py:63101)

> I know it's a while ago but can you recall exactly what you did? Or
> can some svn guru tell me how to get svn to tell me exactly what
> operations it believes went on?

See above. If you want to know whether it was a mere move, or whether
something was changed as well, try

svn diff
svn+ssh://pythondev@svn.python.org/python/trunk/Lib/lib-old/Queue.py@63104
svn+ssh://pythondev@svn.python.org/python/trunk/Lib/Queue.py@63103

which shows no differences. In fact, Queue.py got its current contents
in r63077, the same version where queue.py was copied from Queue.py.

HTH,
Martin