[Python-Dev] Importing bsddb 4.6.21; with or without AES encryption?

Trent Nelson Trent.Nelson at onresolve.com
Fri May 16 03:12:37 CEST 2008

I was about to commit an initial import of the bsddb 4.6.21 source to the 'external' area in the repo, which I obtained from the following URL:

        http://www.oracle.com/technology/software/products/berkeley-db/index.html

I downloaded the source that includes AES encryption, for no reason other than it was first on the list.  I'm now wondering if we should only be importing the 'NC' source that doesn't contain any encryption?  Jesus, does pybsddb use any of the Berkeley DB encryption facilities?  Would anything break if we built the bsddb module without encryption?

(Note that all of this only applies to Windows.)

        Trent.