[Python-Dev] PEP 371 Discussion (pyProcessing Module)

Farshid Lashkari flashk at gmail.com
Fri May 30 08:19:21 CEST 2008

On Wed, May 28, 2008 at 10:03 AM, Jesse Noller <jnoller at gmail.com> wrote:
> I would like to renew the discussion now that "there is a PEP" to see
> if there are any outstanding things people would like to get resolved.
> I chose to continue to push it for 2.6 / 3.0 inclusion due to feedback
> both here and elsewhere that people would rather see this in sooner in
> some form, rather than later (i.e.: 2.7/3.1).

I'm not sure if this is a big issue, but I just tested the module with
an application that embeds Python and it doesn't work properly.
Instead of spawning worker threads using python.exe, it attempts to
use the application. Does the processing module allow specifying the
exe to use for spawning worker threads? I would definitely like to see
this included in the next release, and having support for embedded
Python interpreters would be a big plus.

-Farshid