[Python-Dev] Looking for VCS usage scenarios

laurent lgautier at gmail.com
Mon Nov 3 11:22:01 CET 2008

On Mon, 2008-11-03 at 08:46 +0100, Ralf Schmitt wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 3, 2008 at 1:05 AM, Brett Cannon <brett at python.org> wrote:
> > I have started the DVCS PEP which can be seen at
> > http://docs.google.com/Doc?id=dg7fctr4_40dvjkdg64 . Not much is there
> > beyond the rationale, usage scenarios I plan to use, and what other
> > sections I plan to write.
> >

> I think you really should not exclude any dvcs based on it's
> implementation language.
> I.e. requiring it being written in python for the sake of "eating your
> own dogfood" is just a very weak argument.
>  git is certainly missing from your list.

It does certainly miss from the list, but the argument might be more
"favor your users"; call it nepotism if you like.

If I understand it clearly, it is not a requirement, but more a good
point.

If it does "taste like dog food" in places, then it might be easier to:
- make informed statements about what might be the reason (on an
implementation standpoint - regarding features, that's an other story)
- have the cook more receptive to comments

L.