[Python-Dev] Looking for VCS usage scenarios

Gustavo Niemeyer gustavo at niemeyer.net
Mon Nov 3 20:57:53 CET 2008

> Since I have never seen that come up during Python's development I am
> going to leave it out. But I do see the benefit and how it might help
> with future work.

Of course, that's entirely up to you.  But it strikes me as an odd
approach to the selection of scenarios for a tool whose intention is
precisely to support new usage scenarios.

> As I mentioned in the doc, the first example allows for whatever the
> DVCS does for diffs, whether that is a full-on branch or not.

Are you looking for new scenarios or for the validation of your document? :-)

I'm talking about history-carrying diffs which can be attached and
sent via mail, not about viewing plain diffs, which every VCS tool in
the world can do since version 0.0.

Anyway, I guess you already have what you want.  Good luck picking the
right choice!

--
Gustavo Niemeyer
http://niemeyer.net